Lucky Charm-ers

Puzzle Piece Lucky Charms for #StPatrick Day! | 3 styles at I Gotta Create!

I found the sweetest little lucky charm nestled among nature's wee blooms --dropped there, no doubt, by those partying little leprechauns from last week.

Puzzle Piece Lucky Charms for #StPatrick Day! | 3 styles at I Gotta Create!
So lucky was I, in fact, that I found three Irish charmers expressing different aspects of this fun holiday season: luck, joy and laughter.


Puzzle Piece Lucky Charms for #StPatrick Day! | 3 styles at I Gotta Create!
Upon closer inspection, I discovered these charms were actually exquisitely decorated puzzle pieces, sporting what appeared to be a magnet on back.

Puzzle Piece Lucky Charms for #StPatrick Day! | 3 styles at I Gotta Create!

Yes, the magnet clung right to the garden fence. As I peered intently, I discovered the artist layered many techniques to achieve lovely effects. Thick streaks of green and white acrylic paint created a very rich and luscious background. Each piece boasted a beautiful image, different ribbons, buttons...

Puzzle Piece Lucky Charms for #StPatrick Day! | 3 styles at I Gotta Create!
...or wire and bead embellishments. Some were embossed with gold powders and words...

Puzzle Piece Lucky Charms for #StPatrick Day! | 3 styles at I Gotta Create!
This one was embellished with alphabet beads and a horseshoe charm dangles from an eyelet embedded in the puzzle tab.

Darker green shamrocks dance on top of the rich painted background. White embossing powder creates a delightful raised swirl design, studded with crystal lavender flowers. 


I brought my lucky charms inside and hung them on the pine tree that I decorate each season. {see the tree 'dressed up' for halloween here}

Puzzle Piece Lucky Charms for #StPatrick Day! | 3 styles at I Gotta Create!


Charmers, indeed! Thank you leprechauns!




Catch the Party Hats, and {DIY} Pom Poms, too!


Follow me...


       


19 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Well those charms are DARLING!!! They must be so fun to make. Top o the day to you!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Love those little puzzle pieces! I'm a new follower! And thanks for visiting me!
Lorraine

Unknown said...

Sweet, and fun!

Busana Muslim said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this idea! Not only is the use of puzzle pieces so unique and brilliant but they are beautifully put together as well ( no pun intended lol) wonderful!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the three charms. I must say it worries me the upside down horse shoe. The luck will fall out. Still cute but I would have to glue it so the open end is facing up to catch the luck. I had a down facing charm and the first time I wore it I got fired from a job so I am always aware now.

Toodie said...

Very very cute! What a great idea for sending to those not near!

Tania Pelletier said...

Those are so cute! How clever to use a puzzle piece!

Tania

My Dream Canvas said...

This is so pretty. I would like to invite you to enter my Giveaway. I am celebrating my blog's third birthday and would love to see you there.

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

So Cute! Love the idea of using puzzle pieces.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I love these charms!! So cute and clever! Nice job!

Mandy said...

Love your Lucky Charmer's Christina!

Thank you so much for sharing these (and your sweet pansies) at Project Queen this week!

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

These are so cute! I have never seen charms like these! I love all the layers!

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

would love it if you shared these on my link party, Serenity Saturday
http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

Natasha xxx

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

So darling, as usual Christina. Thank you so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. You are invited back again next week.

Warmly, Michelle

Unknown said...

I love the creativity in you ornaments and your story! It makes me smile! Cute project! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share!

Unknown said...

Adorable ornaments-I'm your newest linky follower-stop by for a visit!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I LOVE these charms! YOu have such a fabulous vintage style! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Decor To Adore said...

I am visiting via Centsational Girl. I adore your project. So clever!

Happy day, happy spring, happy happy everything!